Become a Gaia Education Partner
Gaia Education is a leading provider of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), which has worked with over 146 partner organisations in 55 countries.
Do you need a partner for…
Developing ESD e-learning programmes?
We partner with like-minded organisations to develop e-learning programmes to accelerate the global transition to regenerative lifestyles. Examples:
- The SDGs & Africa (with Igbinedion university, Nigeria & Kenyatta University, Kenya)
- Renewable Energies for Sustainable Development (in partnership with Strathclyde University & UNITAR)
- Local Water Solutions for Global Challenges (in partnership with UNITAR & Scottish Gov.)
- Ecosystem Restoration Design (In partnership with Ecosystem Restoration Camps)
Developing ESD Face-to-Face Programmes?
We provide certification for our trained facilitators to run ESD trainings and events all over the World, and we partner with like-minded organisations to run trainings in every sector, from schools and communities to businesses and government agencies:
- SDG Training of Multipliers, in partnership with UNESCO
- Ecovillage Design Education Certificate, in partnership with eco-centres around the world.
- Training of Trainers for ESD Facilitators.
Developing ESD curricula, e-platforms & materials?
We work with like-minded organisations around the world, and particularly in Europe, to develop cutting edge blended learning curricula and materials for community-led ESD. Eg. Our current EU Erasmus + funded programmes:
- Gaia YES!, in partnership with 4 European organisations, including Tallinn University: Developing a schools’ curriculum and teachers’ handbook based on Gaia Education’s 4D ESD curriculum
- Youth in Transition, with 5 EU-based ESD organisations developed an activity book and interactive website to promote sustainable lifestyle choices & active citizenship among hard-to-reach youth using creativity as a main method
- Youth Action for Nature & Wellbeing, in partnership with 5 EU-based agencies, including Slovakia’s Rural Parliament : promoting mental health & wellbeing & resilience among young people via nature based workshops, e-learning courses. Also offers a pedagogical design guide for educators and teachers
- Community Catalysts, in partnership with 5 EU-based organisations, including the UA of Barcelona: Developing regenerative design curricula focused on sustainable economics & community resilience-building
Your university’s ESD curriculum?
We partner with academic establishments to offer academic credits or joint certificates for courses based on the Gaia Education 4-dimensional Design for Sustainability Curriculum. Examples:
- We have developed academic courses and MSc programmes with Tallinn University in Estonia and the University of Gothenburg in Sweden.
- We provide Masters degree students at eg. UNIFAL-MG Brazil and Goddard College, USA, with our flagship GEDS ‘Design for Sustainability’ programme as credit towards their degree.
- We are developing a package, in partnership with the Association of African Universities, the SDG Centre for Africa, the All Africa Students’ Union and other academic partners, to support
African nations with their SDG targets via online university short courses which connect students to on-the-ground action.
Joining our ‘Friends of Gaia Education’ Affiliate Program
Your organisation can earn a commission of 5% every time a student signs up to one of our paid courses through one of your promotional links.
Developing Project-based Learning programmes in climate crisis areas?
We collaborate with like-minded organisations across the globe to create international development projects, funded by national and international statutory bodies. We work in climate-change affected areas, supporting vulnerable communities to pioneer regenerative approaches to livelihoods and conservation. Examples:
- Our 2017, A-rated, DFID-funded project in Senegal, in partnership with Le Partenariat, supported 1,866 farmers, 80% female, to transform barren land to abundant fields, and increase food production by 90%
- Our Scottish Gov-funded project in partnership with WWF Zambia and YEFI Zambia, is supporting 500 Zambian young farmers to lead multimedia conservation campaigns, which have so far reached 560,000 young people. They are also leading a provincial transition to regenerative livelihoods, benefitting 1,740 households and resulting in social enterprises producing internationally exportable honey and preserving their forests.
About Gaia Education
Gaia Education is a Scotland-based, international provider of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), with a particular focus on community-led initiatives. We have been active in 55 countries and offer online and face-to-face trainings, policy advice, curriculum development and development projects.
Our founding team of sustainability experts created our ground-breaking 4-Dimensional Whole Systems Design approach, which adds the exploration of a fourth pillar- Worldview - to the traditional pillars of Social, Ecological, and Economic sustainability. This has a transformational effect on our participants, creating dynamic community change-makers.
As a founding member of ECOLISE, we are linked with 45 ESD organisations across Europe, working together to amplify our impact via EU Erasmus + programmes.
Our work complements and provides expert guidance in accelerating the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We are associated with the UN Department of Public Information, were a key partner of UNESCO’s Global Action Programme on ESD, a partner of UNITAR, with whom we conduct specialised e-learning and trainings, and are a member of ECOSOC.
For more details and discussions on possible collaboration, contact: Sally Bogale, Co-CEO, email@example.com