Become a Gaia Education partner
Gaia Education is a leading provider of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), which has worked with over 146 partner organisations in 55 countries.
Do you need a partner for…
...Developing ESD e-learning programmes?
We partner with like-minded organisations to develop e-learning programmes to accelerate the global transition to regenerative lifestyles. Examples:
- SDG Africa (in partnership with Igbinedion university, Nigeria and Kenyatta University, Kenya)
- Renewable Energies for Sustainable Development (in partnership with Strathclyde Uni & UNITAR)
- Local Water Solutions for Global Challenges (in partnership with UNITAR & Scottish Gov.)
- Ecosystem Restoration Design (In partnership with Ecosystem Restoration camps)
...Developing Face-to-Face ESD Programmes?
We provide certification for our trained facilitators to run ESD trainings and events all over the World, and partner with like-minded organisations to run trainings in every sector from schools and communities to businesses and government agencies:
- SDGs Training for Multipliers, in partnership with UNESCO
- Ecovillage Design Education certificate, in partnership with ecovillages around the world.
- Training of Trainers for ESD Facilitators
- Youth Glocalizers Schools programme, in partnership with Bildunger, Ashoka Austria, and Plattform Footprint
...Developing ESD curricula & materials?
We work with like-minded organisations around the world, and particularly in Europe, to develop cutting edge blended learning curricula and materials for community-based ESD
...Your university’s ESD curriculum?
We partner with academic establishments to offer academic credits or joint certificates for courses based on the Gaia Education 4-dimensional Design for Sustainability Curriculum. Examples:
- We develop academic courses and MSc programmes with Tallin University in Estonia and the University of Gothenburg in Sweden
- We provide Masters degree students at UNIFAL-MG Brazil with our flagship GEDS ‘Design for Sustainability’ programme as credit towards their degree.
- We are currently developing a package, in partnership with international academic partners, to support African nations achieve their SDG targets via policy advice, online programmes, materials and curricula and project-based learning programmes.
...Developing Project-based Learning programmes in climate crisis areas?
We collaborate with like-minded organisations across the globe to create and manage longer-term international development projects, funded by national and international statutory bodies. We work in climate-change affected areas, with those facing crisis, supporting them to become pioneering community leaders for the transition to regenerative livelihoods. Examples:
• Our A-rated, DFID-funded project in Senegal, in partnership with Le Partenariat, supported 1,866 farmers, 80% female, to transform barren land to abundant fields to regenerative livelihoods
• Our Scottish Gov-funded project in partnership with WWF Zambia and YEFI Zambia, is supporting 500 Zambian young farmers to lead conservation and the transition to regenerative livelihoods, benefitting 1,740 households and resulting in internationally exportable honey.
About Gaia Education
Gaia Education is a leading international provider of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). We offer SDG 4.7 policy advice, ESD curriculum development services, online and face-to-face trainings for regenerative change, and long-term project-based learning programmes for communities facing climate-related crises. We have worked with 146 partner organisations in 55 countries, ranging from community organisations to regional NGOs, from universities to national governments and UN agencies.
Our founding team of sustainability experts created our ground-breaking 4-Dimensional Whole Systems Design approach. We add the exploration of a shift in Worldview to the other sustainability pillars of Social, Ecological, and Economic, with transformational effect.
Our work complements and provides expert guidance in accelerating the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We are associated with United Nations Department of Public Information, a key partner of UNESCO’s
Global Action Programme on ESD, and a partner of UNITAR, with whom we conduct specialised e-learning and trainings.
For more details and discussions on possible collaboration, contact:
Jesper Conrad, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org